Start to finish: 5 minutes (but it’s best if it sits for a while before serving to let the garlic flavor really take hold)
Easiest dip ever. No one believes it’s just these few ingredients. Beware: this stuff is addictive, and it has fresh garlic in it, so if you eat some, make sure your significant other does, too. In fact, it’s best if everyone in the room eats it. Also, if you don’t have one of those ingenious rubber tube garlic peeler things, you should really get one. This dip also makes a really good sandwich spread -- I use it on my vegetarian muffaletta (stay tuned for that recipe).
• 3-5 cloves fresh garlic, minced (do not use the jarred kind)
• 4 ounces light cream cheese (at room temperature)
• 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
• 1 teaspoon of milk (if needed)
• Black pepper, to taste
• Crackers or French bread
1. Mix garlic and cream cheese in food processor for about 30 seconds.*
2. Add feta crumbles and process another 10-20 seconds.
3. Depending on how you like it, add a teaspoon or so of milk to give it a smoother texture and blend a few more seconds (the feta will still be somewhat chunky).
4. Spoon into a serving bowl, sprinkle with crushed black pepper, cover, and put in the refrigerator until the guests show up.
5. Serve with crackers (pita crackers and pretzel crackers are good choices) or toasted French bread slices.
*I’m sure you could make this by hand with a fork, but it would take way longer than 30 seconds.